Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gretchen...

She danced my world into being

shiva, black and gold

hollywood sign and phone booth

as backdrops

and a mercedes

the same colors as she

our eyes met for a millenia

and she danced

i did not desire the burden

of kingship

though the scars she left decreed

blood and flowers

come down to touch

a young warriors golden age

we need not your salvation

your guilt

we have goddess shrines

peacocks, pyramids

and courtyard dancing

girls of gods

dancing in courtyards ancient

and beads



she danced my world into being

shiva, black and gold

one face, quarter face

lower leg and beeswax

her drum beats my existence

beats against ignorance

melting my wax

the way it has always been done



she fills me with molten tradition

beats me into form

pray and consecrate

shiva, black and gold

in the shadow of a phonebooth

hollywood sign and mercedes

the same colors as she

i am hers...

No comments:

Post a Comment